Thursday, October 15, 2015

Start Seeking the Light of God in Our Darkest Hours

I know I am in the middle of the 31 day challenge where I have been writing about puppet ministry. However, some things have happened in my life lately that has shaken my world for a lack of better terminology. So, I thought I would go ahead and write a little something up. Maybe what I am going through (though I am going to be vague on the specifics) will be able to help someone else who may be having a tough time.



In life, you typically have some idea of what you want to do and where you want to go. You have an idea of what career you want to pursue, and you have at least thought about what will be required of you to get into that desired career. Or maybe you want to have a family one day. You may want to travel the world, even. However, what happens when the lighthouse that is your desired goal starts to dim? Your reaching that goal begins to seem near to impossible. 
This is where I am at right now. I have had an idea of where I wanted my life to go. However, over the past few months, things have been happening that have made me start to wonder if I will even be able to succeed in my goal. The lighthouse is dimming, and seeing my destination is much more difficult. I can keep trying to get to that destination, but when storms are brewing, is going into the stormy and dark path really the best option? 

This is where I need to be a little better myself. I will admit to this upfront. Times are tough, so I sort of sink back into the background and just try to ride the storm out without really doing anything to help the situation. That being said, there isn't a whole lot in my current situation that I can do that I haven't done or am not in the process of getting done. However, I do need to look for the light a little closer. I may need to keep looking in the same direction, or I may need to veer off course and make a new goal for myself. While I really do not want to have to veer off where I want to end up at, it is more important to think about where God wants me at. I need to pray and really ask God what He wants me to do. I can't do this on my own, and I shouldn't even try to.
 Without the lighthouse, a ship would get lost at sea. The same goes for our lives and God. If we aren't following the "Light" of where God wants us to go, we are going to get lost in the sea of life and we will not know what to do, when to do it, or where to go with our lives. We have to trust that God will lead us in the direction that He has planned for us. 

While I currently do not know where my life is going to end up, I need to really focus on God's plan for my life. Just because I had a plan, that does not mean that God had the same plan for me. Now maybe I am still meant to get to the destination I have been heading to. I really do not know. I need to look a bit harder for His light. So, if you are having a hard time figuring out your life, start looking for God's Light and what He wants you to do. 

Psalm 119:105 (NIV)
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. (http://biblehub.com/niv/psalms/119-105.htm)

I know I have used this verse a few times so far over my past posts. However, I think it fits here as well. Let God guide you. Without His guiding light, the journey to your life's destination is difficult, if not impossible. However, if you follow His guidance and His Word, then you will eventually get to where your life is meant to be. 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. No matter what you need to follow God. There will be storms in your life of different types. Including people. Some people have their agendas of what they want and will try to direct us away from God. Not just in temptations of doing wrong. If the devil can cause you to follow a path that may not look bad, but is not the one God had planned out for you, then you have pulled away from the lighted path planned for you. So it may not be a straight line but have a curve in it.
    I think a LOT of us do that with relatioinships. We get in a hurry to have "the one" and hurry to settle with "some one". Or with Jobs, or with what we think we want to do as our service to God. Served on the nominating committee at church. Heard a lot of this is what "I" like and want to do. How many people serve on a committee at churches, yet feel trapped and warn down. Why? maybe because they are serving in the wrong area just to fill a need. Or the next person who was supposed to fill in to give you a break is not following his path.
    I feel I am doing the calling God gave me with puppets, but at times it is frustrating because I want the team to grow and have more people. Then i have to think again, is it me wanting that and not part of Gods plan at the moment. Or is it due to free will of others and them getting mislead in their path.
    Follow GOD and trust that if you were heading where God wanting you, you will get there eventually. Or that if He is planning a new direction, you will be ready to go there when called upon.

    ReplyDelete