Saturday, August 22, 2015

Introduction and What God Girl Revolution Means

Hello!

I have tried blogging before, and life has always gotten in the way. However, I am hoping this time will go better. However, I figured I should let you know a little about me before I go on much longer. 

First off, this is me:
My name is Laura. I am 19 years old, however, I turn 20 next month (on September 14th). It will be strange not being in my teens, but at the same time, I am looking forward to seeing what life has in store for me. 
My education has been kind of interesting. My junior and senior years of high school, all of my classes were at the local community college. Therefore, I graduated with my Associate's Degree two weeks before I graduated from high school. I then began attending University and am majoring in Early Childhood Education. This past September I began working at a childcare center in the toddler room. Those kids have been a blessing in my life and I absolutely adore them. 
I have been attending church my entire life, and I have been a Christian since I was 7. When I was 10, I started participating in my parents' puppet team at our church. A few years ago, I joined a second team that my parents now co-direct. 
While I am a Christian, I do not claim to be perfect. I have made a ridiculous amount of mistakes, but who hasn't? However, I know that I am Forgiven because my Heavenly Father sent His Son to die on the cross in order to pay for my sins. 

I have not decided how often or when I will be posting. I may just post when I feel like it. Therefore, it could be every day at times, and others it may just be once a month. I may eventually try and make it more structured, but I am really not sure. Sometimes I may post simply because I feel God has something for me to say. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reason Behind the Name:

Last week in Sunday School we had been talking about how the American Revolution cost some people all that they had. They had been talking about how starting a revolution could be a bad thing because of that. However, as a follower of Christ, I am called to give up all I own as it is. Therefore, losing everything to live for the Lord is just common sense. Sure, my starting a blog may not literally make me lose everything. However, I want to make living for Christ such an important thing in my life that if I were to lose everything, I would be just fine with that. I want to be a Christian, a God Girl, that is able to start a Revolution that lets the Light of Christ shine into the world.       
  

1 comment: